Mycology-Course-An introductory and interactive course addressed to all mycophorics willing to gain knowledge within the Fungi kingdom.
Exploration, identification, cooking, growing, hunting
DURATION: 5 days
LOCATION: Costa Rica, South Pacific
APPLICATIONS: open all year-round
- Fungal Biology and Physiology
- Mycology, Identification and Chemistry
- Ecosystems and Mycorrhizal interaction with Plants
- Poisonous mushrooms identification
- Medicinal and Spiritual uses of Mushrooms
- Mushroom hunting and culinary uses
- Research and Mycoremediation
- Growing mushrooms techniques
- Preparation of Medicinal mushrooms
OVERVIEW: this intensive course is designed for beginners with little or no experience about mushrooms. During the training you will be studying the science behind the medicinal and nutritional value of fungi, their exquisite ecology and characteristics. By the end of the course you will be able to point the major features in order to identify edible e non-edible mushrooms commonly found in Costa Rica. You will be also familiar with their traditional use, methods of preparation and growth. An extensive part of the course is dedicated to outdoor training for identification and to modern research on Mycology.
ACCOMMODATION: shared room in private cabin (max. 6 people)
FOOD: home-made vegetarian food
FEES: 1000$, inclusive of theoretical and practical lessons, trips, food and accommodation, use of the facilities at the Centre, educational material in pdf format. Fees do not include airline tickets and transfers to/from the Centre.
DISCOUNTS: available when booking multiple courses or for group bookings.